Hungary flag
Bronze 2020 Architecture / Interiors

Gants Hill Station

  • Photographer
    Sarah Caldwell

Designed by the incom­pa­rable Charles Holden, Gants Hill station opened on the Fairlop loop of the Central line in 1947, with a lower level concourse (shown in the photo above) that has been nicknamed Moscow Hall on account of its resem­blance to the stations of the Moscow metro, though on a more modest scale.